Here are the 13 most fun buzzwords of last year, according to the publishers of The Buzzword Dictionary: 1,000 Phrases Translated from Pompous to English.
1. Blamestorming: A group process where participants analyze a failed project, and look for scapegoats other than themselves.
2. Death by Tweakage: When a product or project fails, due to unnecessary tinkering or too many last-minute revisions.
3. BMWs: Bitchers, Moaners and Whiners.
4. Clockroaches: Employees who spend most of their day watching the clock -- instead of doing their jobs
5. Plutoed: To be unceremoniously dumped or relegated to a lower position, without an adequate reason or explanation.
6. Prairie dogging: A modern office phenomenon. Occurs when workers simultaneously pop their heads up out of their cubicles to see what's going on.
7. Carbon-based error: Error caused by a human, not a computer (which we assume would be a silicon-based error). [Ed note: Sometimes described by Tech Support as being between the keyboard and the chair; the Help Desk flags it as a category One-D-Ten-T ... write it out for yourselves.]
8. Menoporsche: Male menopause. Symptoms include a sudden lack of energy, crankiness and the overpowering urge to buy a Porsche.
9. Adminisphere: The upper levels of management where big, impractical, and counterproductive decisions are made.
10. Deja poo: The feeling that you've stepped in this bull before.
11. Bobbleheading: The mass nod of agreement, by participants in a meeting, to comments made by the boss; even though most have no idea what he/she just said.
12. Ringtone rage: The violent response by cube-mates, after hearing your annoying cell phone ringtone for the 15th time.
13. Muffin top: The unsightly roll of flesh that spills over the waist of a pair of too-tight jeans.
Shared: 3 times
Rate this forward: